Re: Trap Pins Experiment 2. Mila Evolution

This is our foreign language Lockpicking forum. Here you can talk with like-minded people from all over the world.

Moderatoren: Retak, Crocheteur

Antworten
Bulgaro
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Bulgaro »

This time the experiment was successful. With the nylon strip that I pushed in the keyway I was able to hold the pins on the sheer line and managed to turn the plug fully without activating the trap pins.
-XqDNefGaDg
Zuletzt geändert von Bulgaro am 5. Feb 2015 23:59, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Christian
Unverzichtbar, Unkündbar und Unverwundbar
Eigener Benutzer Titel: Fischfleisch

Beitrag von Christian »

really interesting these manipulation of the trap-pin-cylinders (MiLA and GTV), but i think this construction has been a good idea. if the keyway was more tight and convoluted (zig-zag) than its not possible to unlock the cylinder in reasonable / tolerable time for a real intruder or theif . The GTV has a very vide keyway, and the MiLA has the typical "Yale-style-Keyway" .
But for Hobby-Lockpicking you've done excellent work, so the "trap-pin-Cylinders" are not unbeatable :respekt:
Es gibt nur eine legitime Einstellung

Bulgaro
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Bulgaro »

Christian hat geschrieben:really interesting these manipulation of the trap-pin-cylinders (MiLA and GTV), but i think this construction has been a good idea. if the keyway was more tight and convoluted (zig-zag) than its not possible to unlock the cylinder in reasonable / tolerable time for a real intruder or theif . The GTV has a very vide keyway, and the MiLA has the typical "Yale-style-Keyway" .
But for Hobby-Lockpicking you've done excellent work, so the "trap-pin-Cylinders" are not unbeatable :respekt:
Thank you very much ,Christian.Last 3 weeks im picking only locks with trap pins.Tide or not tide keyway ,the trap pins has not chance,i think.
I will make one video with trap pins ''How It Works''.I will show what happen inside the cylinder.
Thak you for watching.

Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

The main reason for inventing the Cylinders with Trap pins (Manipulationsschutz) is about bumpkeys ... because the most thefs are not using picking, and most of them are not able to pick a boring 5-Pin-Lock. So if You have a cylinder with tight Zig-Zag-Keyway and 6 pinstacs, so it takes some time to pick it, and if You have these TrapPins, the time takes mouch longer to defeat this ...
but the nicest keyway and 6 or 7 pins are easylie opened by bumping, so they (Mr.Klaus Noch, Köln) had this idea with this additional small pins between the normal housing-Pins.
The first of these Cylinders had no small Mushroompins, the had only a small peace above the spring, so when you open the cylinder without a key the spring get into the core and it shoult not be possible to push them back, and if You are trying to turn the core, the spring gets between the core and the housing and it detectable that a unatorized person as been (trying) to open the Lock ... some older of the GTV's are made in this style ...

boianka

Beitrag von boianka »

Christian hat geschrieben:but the nicest keyway and 6 or 7 pins are easylie opened by bumping
Try to bump an ASSA (Ruko) - it must not be even easy . . .

Christian

Beitrag von Christian »

boianka hat geschrieben:
Christian hat geschrieben:but the nicest keyway and 6 or 7 pins are easylie opened by bumping
Try to bump an ASSA (Ruko) - it must not be even easy . . .
If You will send me a 6 or 7 pin ASSA with a bumpy-key , than i'll TRY , promised ... :unwuerd:
but i'm not sure that i am sucessfully, because i agree with You "boianka", these ASSAs are very good made cylinders. However You hav a cylinder with trap-pins and the same cylinder, with the same quality and attributes, than ist the cylinder with these additional pin-rows more secure... it is no question, i think.

we should write more times in english, that ist a goot exercise ;)

boianka

Beitrag von boianka »

Christian hat geschrieben:If You will send me a 6 or 7 pin ASSA with a bumpy-key , than i'll TRY , promised ... :unwuerd:
Come to Bonn - I`ll show you the difficult way to bump a Ruko cylindre - if you try it, with about one to three hundred bumps, may be you have the luck to open it, but there is no possibility to repeat the process over a few times . . .

decoder
Poster Gott
Poster Gott

Beitrag von decoder »

Let's make a few plastic bump keys, maybe they'll get more reliable then ;)

Antworten